Park Place Apartments is a 34 unit barrier-free affordable rental project developed and owned by SCLAD. It is located in the heart of Hialeah’s Central Business District. Supermarkets, shops, banks, schools, parks, churched and public facilities are all within walking distance.
The project was developed with US Department of HUD’s HOME Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) set-aside funds from the City of Hialeah, State HOME funds allocated through the Florida Housing Finance Corporation and SHIP and Surtax financing provided by Miami-Dade County through its Housing Agency.
Park Place was designed and constructed for ‘universal’ use. Its accessibility features go beyond all requirements or codes. Its living environment is comfortable and fosters independence even for those with the most significant disabilities.
The following are some of Park Place’s access features:
- Accessible path from parking lot or street
- Security telecom system
- Automatic entrance Doors
- Accessible fire extinguishers
- Ramp to 2nd floor
- Extra large elevator
- Accessible mailboxes
- Hydraulic “push-button’ trash shoot drawer
- Fully accessible laundry rooms and equipment
- Lever door hardware
- Accessible light switches and electrical outlets
- Accessible peepholes
- Accessible side-opening ovens
- Side by side door refrigerators
- Accessible kitchen cabinets
- Accessible cooktops
- Accessible kitchen and bathroom sinks
- Fully accessible bathrooms with roll-in showers
By using the Universal Design concept, which uses items/equipment/appliances already on the general market, SCLAD is able to make its developments architecturally accessible and keep construction costs comparable to those of standard construction.